Great academic reputation
The main reason why I decided to come to Loughborough University was the academic reputation of the University as a whole, and more specifically the reputation of the school of Business and Economics. Physical fitness is also a priority in my life, so choosing Loughborough University made perfect sense. Loughborough has elite level equipment and facilities that allows me to remain active and strong throughout my academic journey.
Banking and Financial Markets is my favorite class thus far. I am really fascinated about what caused the events leading up to the financial crisis and this class gives a detailed account of the big picture and all the major players that help cause the global event. All the professors and advisors have been amazing. If I ever need anything, someone is always there to help.
Power Base is my favorite place on campus. When I am not sitting in a lecture or in the library, you can find me at Power Base. The location of the University is also great. I have travelled to many cities in England and due to the fact the Loughborough is centrally located it is extremely easy to take weekend trips to cool locations.
- How did you fund your master’s degree?
- I served 6 years in the United States Navy, which provided the opportunity to have the Department of Veterans Affairs via the Post 9/11 GI Bill, pay my tuition and provide a living stipend. Serving my country was absolutely amazing and the United States pay their gratitude buy financially supporting their veterans and allowing us to focus on studying full time to make the most out of the opportunity.
- What are your plans for the future?
- I plan to work for an investment bank.
- How do you think studying this course at Loughborough University will help you achieve these ambitions?
- Studying at Loughborough has improved my critical thinking skills and given me the confidence to research and find solutions that may go against conventional wisdom.